post zu favoritenYouth Dirt Camp Coachdieses posting verbergen
Anstellungsart: Vollzeit Vergütung: $18/hr
QR Code Link to This Post
The Whistler Off Road Cycling Association (WORCA) is looking for some enthusiastic and passionate BIKE COACHES to help inspire the next generation of riders. This fun and interactive job is best suited for someone with a passion for biking and a love for working with children.
ABOUT THE CAMP:
During the summer months WORCA hosts 5-day youth dirt camps and a daily schools program, fully coached to support youth aged 5 to 16 years. The focus of the Dirt Camps and programs is safety, fun, and mountain bike skill development. Each camp is capped with a 5:1 kid to coach ratio. The positions will be supervised by a Head Coach and Lead Hand.
About The Role:
- Seasonal Work
- 8:30am - 3:30pm
Duties / Responsibilities include:
- Coaching youth aged 5-16 years in a camp/program environment;
- Demonstrating our core values around the WORCA DIRT CAMPS: Integrity, Community and Environment, Uncompromising Safety;
- Following best management practices as they evolve, including those set out by WORCA;
- Additional duties/responsibilities as required.
- Required to complete a criminal record check.
The Perfect Candidate:
- Has experience working with youth.
- Is physically fit, and a confident intermediate or advanced mountain biker.
- Must be aged 18 years or older.
- Has a Level 1 Mountain Bike Instructor Development Program course or equivalent mandatory;
- Has pevious mountain bike instructing experience;
- Has a minimum Current OFA Level 1 (B.C. Certified) an asset;
- Offers experience supervising/coaching/instructing youth an asset;
- Has strong mountain bike skills;
- Is in good physical condition;
- Has local Whistler trail knowledge;
ABOUT WORCA: The Whistler Off Road Cycling Association fosters the evolution of the sport through its youth programs and clinics, teaching safety, etiquette and technique to cyclists; WORCA helps to maintain hundreds of kilometres of trail to the highest environmental standards through member fees and volunteer efforts.